Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to Learning Curves classes and courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as "student"). Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of Learning Curves.
- Lesson times and fees are given in the Term Letter for each class/course. An application will only be deemed to have been accepted if accompanied by the payment/transfer of the required deposit. Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be confirmed in writing along with all relevant course details and acceptance of any student is not confirmed until that letter has been issued.
- Methods of Payment
- Cheque - Please see amendment 3a for details on bounced cheques
- Cash (only evening classes)
- Online (via PayPal)
3a. Learning Curves reserves the right to charge an admin fee for every cheque that 'bounces' or is returned (fees are unable to be gained from said account) - the charge for EACH cheque will be £7.50
- All students must register online at www.learningcurvesdance.com in order to participate in any classes/courses/events. When registering parents/guardians and students are accepting the Conditions stated below as well as the Terms and Conditions of Learning Curves.
- Permission for photographs of my child to be used within the dance school/on dance school website/for local newspaper reports (Child Names will not be used) and on Social Media Sites associated with Learning Curves. These photographs will immediately be deleted from the device that was used once they are shared.
- The term dates for the following term will be made known in writing at the end of each term.
- If a student wishes to cancel their place in class or on a course no refund can be given for payments that have already been made. However, all payments must be made up until the date that Learning Curves are notified.
- At Learning Curves a certain level of behaviour and conduct towards fellow students and instructors is expected and therefore Learning Curves reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion. No refund will be given.
- If a student has not paid for the class/course Learning Curves and its instructors reserve the right to exclude a student from said class until payment has been made.
- Learning Curves reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
- Fees are reviewed at the discretion of Learning Curves and may change from the previous term.
- In the event of a lesson being cancelled by Learning Curves, this will be credited next term and therefore deducted from the term fee.
- In the instance of holidays Learning Curves will only give a refund for that lesson if informed at the beginning of term.
- Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Learning Curves and its instructors of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
- Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Learning Curves can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings.
- If a PRIVATE lesson is arranged with an instructor the liability for the lesson fee and room hire does not lie with Learning Curves - this must be arranged with the instructor prior to the lesson.
- When registering you are adhering to all the above terms and conditions. This is clearly visible when you registered...
"By registering I authorise the email address that I have provided to be used by Learning Curves School of Dance and consent to becoming a part of my child's class/es mailing list/s. I also consent to my child/ren's emergency contact and medical information being recorded by Learning Curves School of Dance for important situations that may arise whilst my child is registered with Learning Curves.
I understand that it is my responsibility to update this information should it change and I will not be removed from this database until I notify Learning Curves by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering to the Learning Curves website I am accepting the terms and conditions (link to open in new window) set out by Learning Curves and we understand the protection policies that are in place to protect our instructors as well as our students.
And also there is a tick box that must be ticked to continue with registration that states: "I accept the Learning Curves terms and conditions."